Makes 2 classic pumpkin pies.
1 – 30 oz can pumpkin
1 1/3 c brown sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
12 oz can evaporated milk
2 tbsp melted butter
2 – 9” pie shells
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the 1st group of ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter. Stir into the mix along with the evaporated milk.
- Pour into the pie crust shells. Bake for 70 minutes or until set in the center.
- Allow pies to cool at least 30 minutes to fully set. They will be soft before they have fully cooled.
To make only 1 pie, cut all the ingredients in half (use 1/2 c + 2 tbsp brown sugar).
Enjoy and share!!!
From The Egg-Free Cookbook by Tabitha Elliott. Available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/061556920X