Fudge Brownies from The Egg-Free Cookbook
1 c (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp oil
1/2 c water
1 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Grease an 8×8 glass pan or a 9×9 metal pan(glass produces the best result). Preheat the oven to 325° for glass or 350° for metal.
2. Measure the chocolate chips (pat down in the cup). Place in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute. Stir. Microwave an additional 15 seconds and stir, repeating until melted. Add the oil and stir until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the water, brown sugar and vanilla and stir until all lumps are gone. Add to the chocolate and mix in. The mixture will be very runny at this point.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients in the last group. Add to the chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Pour into the pan.
5. Run the spatula or spoon from side to side across the top of the batter to make swirls. Bake 40 minutes for glass pans or 30 minutes for metal. (A toothpick inserted in the center will still show a little batter on the tip.)
6. Allow to cool before cutting. Cover as soon as they have cooled.
Enjoy and share!!! From The Egg-Free Cookbook by Tabitha Elliott. Available on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/dp/061556920X